Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Getting ready for fall chaos

This fall I'm getting ready to a) go back to work, b) send the kids back to school and c) trying to figure out how to have be an efficient household engineer (i.e. chef, housekeeper, nurse, landscaper, taxi driver, counsellor, mother, wife, friend, neighbour, community member etc etc)
To that end, I'm on the search for fabulous slow-cooker and make ahead recipes that I can put in my freezer (a la "Big Cook") so that, come September I'm not beholden to the frozen pizza aisle of the grocery store.

Today I'm going to marry my love of curries with the harvest starting to come in, and try out this slow-cooker Aloo Gobi recipe, using a MONSTER head of cauliflower I found at the farmers market last weekend.
The leftovers will go in my freezer to make a couple of foreseeable future dinners a little more colourful...fingers crossed it tastes good!!!

Food & wine | Recipe: Spiced Cauliflower and Potatoes | Seattle Times Newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment