Thursday, March 10, 2011

14 day Countdown to 40 - Self-Indulgence #5

The Ultimate Hot Water Bottle

Having been under the weather all day yesterday and most of the day today,  I kind of missed out on a day of self-indulgence...so, I promise myself to make up for it before the 18th - BUT for now, I'll share with you a sort of self-indulgence that got me through the past 36 hours (even though I kind of stole it from my husband... I gave it to him for Christmas, because the old blue one from England that he grew up with is getting really ratty).....
It's a huggy, cuddly hot water bottle, wrapped in a soft cable knit cover - sort of like a warm and cozy sweater-meets-teddy-bear.  This is the closest picture I could find online to the one I bought from Indigo Books in December, but it's close enough to capture the essence of its comforting snuggliness.
This, along with a few drops of lavender oil, helped get me through the night last night with a surprisingly solid sleep....

Sigh, I know it's not much of a self-indulgence, considering that I'd probably have pulled it out anyways, but it sure felt like a luxury worth mentioning when it was warming my icy toes, and soothing my cramping tummy.

Anyways, I'll be away from the computer for the next couple of days... BUT when I come back, I'm certain to have multiple self-indulgences to report on :)

Until then, stay healthy!!!

As always, Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment