Monday, March 14, 2011

14 day Countdown to 40 - Self-Indulgence #6

An all-night Gab Session

I'm back after a little computer-hiatus weekend with my family.

Avalance covering Hwy 3 at Fernie, March 11, 2011
ALAS, our original weekend plans were sidetracked by an avalanche that closed the road west of Fernie BC, blocking our fast route to Whitefish, MT,
but we made the most of the misfortune and while our husbands backtracked and took the long-way round the mountains to get to their hockey tournament, the kids and I decided to stay in Sparwood with my girlfriend, Sandra and her kids at her parents house.

SO instead of shopping my little buns off, and hanging out in a hotel pool, I ended up spending way less money and having a wonderful girls and kids weekend, including: 2 trips to 2 different community swimming pools (one if Sparwood, one in Fernie),
Fernie Aquatic Centre
 
Sparwood Swimming Pool
 an afternoon matinee (we saw Rango), an all you can eat chinese buffet (kids ate free), and a trip to McDonalds and Tim Hortons (that's actually a big deal, considering Nanton doesn't have a Timmies).
My extra special self-indulgence though was staying up almost all of Saturday night (until 4:30 in the morning when you consider the time change) just visiting and chatting with my friend Sandra.  I haven't had an all-night gab session in I couldn't tell you how long!!! And, although, despite our lack of alcohol,  I felt slightly hung-over the next morning,  it was totally worth it, based on the number of world problems we solved during those wee hours of the morning.

Thanks Sandra :)

Anyways, I've fallen behind in my self-indulgences, if I'm going to log a total of 14 self-indulgences before my birthday,  so that means I get to double up a few times between now and Friday...
Stay tuned for more... :)

As always, Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment