Saturday, March 5, 2011

14 day Countdown to 40 - Self-Indulgence #2

Cats Pee (and I don't mean weak tea)

CONFESSION TIME - I know it's so not right to judge a book (or anything else) by it's cover, but I'm a sucker for a good wine label.
A couple of years ago, on a trip home to Ontario, I was browsing the LCBO and came across a funny label that I just couldn't ignore - Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush.  Justifying the purchase with the thought that a portion of the sale would go to support the OSPCA, I took the plunge.  Whether it's because the wine's name makes my inner 8 year old giggle, every time I see it,  or whether it's because the wine truly deserves my praise, I found a new favourite indulgence... it qualifies as a self-indulgence, because I'm the only person in my household who drinks wine.  (It's my self-indulgence #2, because conveniently I already had a bottle of it in my fridge and it was way too cold out today to head out looking for something new)

A crisp Sauvignon Blanc from Coopers Creek Vineyard in New Zealand, Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush is a dry and light white wine that makes a perfect thirst quenching spritzer on a hot summer day (sigh - I MISS summer).  It also goes well with cheese, crackers, a comforter and a good book or movie.

I plan to spend this evening curled up with my family and a glass of self-indulgence, watching a movie that's m'eh (Inkheart - the movie has nothing on the book), but totally worth it for the cuddles and the Cat's Pee.

As Always, Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment