Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Postponing my next self-ingulgence...

Ugh - it seems we're fighting a contagious stomach flu in our house this week.  First my son was up all Sunday night and continued to stay close to the bathroom for the next 48 hours.... then late last night the bug found its way into my daughter's system and we were up all night.  Now, lovely of lovelies I woke up this morning with a rumbly tummy myself, and have spent the ENTIRE day racing between bed and the bathroom - oh the wonders of modern plumbing!!!  One more of the thousands of reasons I'm glad to be a child of the late 20th century!!! 
  The only bright spots were all the hugs and tall glasses of water that my kids (both of whom I kept out of school today), kept bringing me.  I don't even have the energy to watch TV for more than 5 minutes before I either doze off or run into the next room.... which makes me question why I'm even bothering to blog today...

ANYWAYS, in light of the fact that I am still in my pyjamas and practically immobile today - not to mention infectious no doubt, and barely able to stomach even the most basic foods of the B.R.A.T. diet (bananas, white rice, applesauce and white toast), I've decided not to bother trying to self-indulge today - what's the point?  If a day spent curled up in bed, receiving special deliveries from your kids, and sympathy from your husband can't be considered self-indulgence, then one must be in pretty rough shape - trust me, I wouldn't wish feeling like I do today on my worst enemy!!!

Sigh - I guess I'll just have to make up for it with a double dose of self-indulgence when I am not feeling so sorry for myself.

Meanwhile, stay away!!!

As Always, Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment