Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Time to stop Coccooning

Spring is slow to come this year.
View from my driveway, March 25, 2011
Today is the first day of sunshine and above freezing temperatures that we've had since the technical first day of spring on March 21. I should be thrilled to bits that I can open my windows and doors to the fresh air for a change....
Cocooning by Cecile Veilhan
Unfortunately, I don't entirely trust Mother Nature's moodswings this year - she can be such a tease.  There is still so much snow on the ground that I feel more inclined to continue cocooning than I do to go outside and watch my garden re-emerge from under its slushy wet blanket, as the snow melts in the much-missed warm warm sunshine.
huh - whose feeling melancholy today???


OK then, I officially resolve that today will be my last day of seasonal coccooning, and S.A.D. moodiness this winter (oops, I mean spring).  To mark the occasion, first I'm going to post some pretty girls in spring paintaings by French artist, Cecile Veilhan, then I'm going to get out of my pjs, make myself a big pot of tea and a leafy green salad for lunch, then I'm going to wrap myself up in a cozy warm sweater (and maybe a blanket), tune into the Kate Bush playlist on my ipod and force myself to go outside to sit in the sunshine, while it lasts...

....wow I'm getting whiny in my old age!!!!



Un Printemps Turqoise by Cecile Veilhan


Un Printemps Rose by Cecile Veilhan

Un Printemps Abricot by Cecile Veilhan

No comments:

Post a Comment